1. New York City, New York. New York City leads as the most expensive city in the United States. Expensive neighborhoods include: SoHo, Tribeca, Flatiron District, Midtown Manhattan, Hudson Square, West Village, Garment District, and Central Park South.
2. San Francisco, California. Expensive neighborhoods include: Pacific Heights, Pacific Heights, Financial District, The Financial District, Russian Hill, and Nob Hill.
3. Honolulu, Hawaii. Expensive neighborhoods include: Diamond Head, Black Point, Kahala, Kai Nani, Wailupe Beach, Niu Beach, Aina Haina Beach and Paiko Lagoon.
4. Boston, Massachusetts. Expensive neighborhoods include: Beacon Hill, Seaport District, Back Bay, Fenway / Kenmore, South End, North End, and West End.
5. Washington, D.C. Expensive areas include: U-Street, Downtown-Penn, Quarter-Chinatown, Woodley Park, West End, and Logan Circle-Shaw.